ICYMI: Is This The Future Of L.A.'s Freeways?
Downtown. (Photo by Jen Carlson/LAist—tag #LAist on Instagram if you want to see your photo featured here)
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Here are some ways to help the families of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and the officers fatally shot in Dallas.
- What will our freeways look like in The Future? The LA Times tasked two architectural firms with just that—the results are pretty & green.
- How have cities grown? Slate reports that "there is one city that is such an outlier it appears to be almost a data error: Los Angeles... Los Angeles and Long Beach have together added more than a million people to urban areas since 1960."
- A llama infestation may disrupt this weekend's Tour de France.
- Sex: how to do it good.
- Mischa Barton is sorry for being terrible at sadness.
- El Chapo did not escape prison for a third time, as some are claiming.
- And finally, watch this puppy struggle to bring in the newspaper: