This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Higher and Higher
• The El Rey hosts Brit sensations Razorlight with The Like and Tender Trio at 7 PM. Tickets are $15.50.
• Tonight at The Echo, The Section Quartet will be finishing up their residency, accompanied by the vocals of Greg Dulli, Sam Philips and Grant Lee Philips, performing originals and covers, as well as performances by The Ditty Bops and Astra Heights. Doors open at 8 PM and admission is $7. [18+]
• At the Troubadour, KCRW presents French Kicks with Dios Malos and Foreign Born. Doors open at 8 PM, and tickets are $12.
• Lou Barlow will be performing a 7 PM set at Amoeba Music to celebrate the release of his new solo album, Emoh.
• Conceptual artist Jennifer Bolande will be giving a lecture tonight at the Hammer Museum, discussing her works in performance, installation, film, photography, sculpture, video, digital constructions, and animation.
• Between 7:30–9 PM, LACMA hosts "Court Songs and Folk Songs," an evening of music presented by The Society of Traditional Korean Musicology. The event is free, but tickets are required and can be picked up from LACMA’s box office.
• Celebrate the opening of artLA’s Contemporary Art Fair from 6–9 PM at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Featuring all manner of contemporary art, the event also features the Mobile Art Park, an intra-exhibition of luxury mobile homes. For more information, call (213) 633-5381.