This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Get Your Swim On
• Spaceland Productions presents a special performance by Jolie Holland with guest Sean Hayes at Barnsdall Gallery Theatre in Barnsdall Park. The show begins at 7 PM; tickets are $13 advance and $15 at the door.
• The talented and amazing Paul Westerberg performs the first of two nights at the Henry Fonda Theater at 9 PM.
• Clint Conley & Co. are in town, as Mission of Burma takes the stage with 400 Blows tonight at the Troubadour. Doors open at 8 PM and tickets are $20.
• Catch Earlimart, Lou Barlow and Matt Costa when KCRW presents their show tonight at the Silverlake Lounge. Tickets are $10.
• Doors open at 7:30 to see Ben Lee at the Viper Room. It's an early show, so LAist would suggest, well, showing up early.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Pickets are being held outside at movie and TV studios across the city
For some critics, this feels less like a momentous departure and more like a footnote.
Disneyland's famous "Fantasmic!" show came to a sudden end when its 45-foot animatronic dragon — Maleficent — burst into flames.
Leads Ali Wong and Steven Yeun issue a joint statement along with show creator Lee Sung Jin.
Every two years, Desert X presents site-specific outdoor installations throughout the Coachella Valley. Two Los Angeles artists have new work on display.