This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Get Out: Things to do on Christmas Day
It's Christmas and hey, not everything is closed. So here are some options of what you can do today...
- Ice skate at Pershing Square or on 3rd Street Promenade.
- Then eat lots of turkey at The Pantry.
- Visit the homeless in Venice Beach.
- See Jewish musical comedy at The Echo.
- Or see a selection of films--including John Waters' Christmas Evil--at the Silent Movie Theatre.
- Go to the DWP Holiday Lights Festival in Griffith Park
- Hit CityWalk and Universal Studios, which they expect to be the busiest day of 2008.
- And there's always Disneyland...
Have any more? Fill the comments section up!Photos: Good for the Jews (left), ExperienceLA (center), Silent Movie Theatre (right)
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.