Get Out: Tar Pit LomoJourney, Austin Young PoptART Portraits, Nature Photography At King Gillette Ranch
Photo by C-Monster via LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Arty Ice Age: The Lomography Gallery Store leads a photo expedition back in time as part of their March Madness series. This weekend, the La Brea Tar Pits LomoJourney travels to the last Ice Age for a mammoth look at the Los Angeles Basin. Price includes bus fare to and from the Tar Pits, museum entrance, a loaner camera and 2 rolls of film. Lomography Gallery Store, 7998 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046, 12-4 pm, $20
Shooting Nature: Spend a unique afternoon with a pro in the wilds of King Gillette Ranch for a hands-on lesson in nature photography. Capture A Moment in Nature is a free, all ages, 2-hour program. Meet in the parking lot to left of the pond. No dogs allowed. King Gillette Ranch, 26800 Mulholland Hwy., Calabasas, CA 91302, (818) 878-0866, ext. 228, 2:00 p.m., $7 to park
Your Face Here: Tonight is the closing reception for Austin Young's Your Face Here residency at PoptART Gallery with a grand unveiling of all the portraits created during the five week residency. Pop tART Gallery 3023 W. 6th St. Los Angeles, CA 90020, 7-10 p.m.
Also featured on LAist and happening this weekend...
- This Satuday: Fashion, Art, and Music All Under One Roof
- "Re-Animator The Musical" Is Bloody Hilarious
- American Warriors in Iraq in Two New Plays
- Weekend Movie Guide 03/11: Kill The Irishman & Battle The Aliens
- Stephen Petronio Dances Back to Royce!
- LAist Film Calendar 03/10-03/13: Charlie Sheen Goes Downtown & Cinefamily Goes Cassavetes