This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• Lucero is on stage tonight at the Troubadour with The Honorary Title and The Glass. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $8 advance.
• The Silverlake Lounge features Amps for Christ, Nudity (ex-COCO, Dub Narcotic) and Worms, beginning at 9 PM. Tickets are $7.
• "Play It Again - The Movie Music of Woody Allen" comes to the Hollywood Bowl tonight at 8 PM. Featuring Sandra Bernhard, Ann Hampton Callaway, Nellie McKay, Curtis Stigers, the Hollywood Jazz Orchestra and the Mitch Hanlon Singers, who will perform classic jazz standards featured in the films of Woody Allen. Tickets range from $6-42.
• AFI at ArcLight presents The Grapes of Wrath tonight at 8 PM.
• The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences presents a screening of Invasion of the Body Snatchers at 8 PM as part of the Don Siegel retrospective; Clint Eastwood and Curtis Hanson will be on hand to discuss his work. Tickets are $5 for the public, $3 Academy members.
Click here to see our complete list of events for the week.
Photo © Adam Smith.