• The Eels are at Avalon tonight with Strings at 8 PM. Tickets are $25.
• The Knitting Factory Front Room hosts a benefit for the Peer Education Program of Los Angeles, featuring Wires On Fire, Jim Brown (Bluebird), Terrors, Energy Club, Darren Weiss (Wires on Fire/Belladonna) and The Naturals. The show starts at 8 PM; tickets are $10.
• Doors open at 7:30 PM for Frankie and Tommy's Social Club at the Viper Room, featuring paloalto, Frausdots, Samantha Ronson and XEO3.
• Perennial indie icons Built to Spill are at the House of Blues Sunset with Ape Shade and the Sick Bees. Doors open at 7:30 PM and tickets range from $17.50 - $20.
• Southern masters Corrosion of Conformity lead an all-star lineup at the Galaxy Theatre tonight with Fu Manchu, Alabama Thunderpussy and Weedeater. Tickets are $15 advance, $17 day of. The show starts at 8 PM.
• Enjoy an extra-happy Happy Hour all this weekend at Cine-Space, as they screen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory during "Dinner & A Movie". Happy Hour runs from 6 - 7:30 PM, followed by food and feature at 8 PM.
• If summer makes you nostalgic for something a bit more, well, classic, head for the Museum of the American West for a BBQ and film screening of the Gene Autry classic Rovin' Tumbleweeds. The $15 admission includes dinner, a gallery tour and film (with free parking).
• The HAMMER Museum hosts a conversation tonight between local artist Miranda July and author George Saunders at 7 PM.