Extra, Extra: A Long-Lost Disney Film Features Their First Ever Character
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Snoopy finally got his star on The Walk of Fame, and he looks like one happy pup.
- A new book reveals the dark, often untold story of how early Angelenos forced Native Americans to make wine from the early vineyards of the region.
- A long lost Disney film recently found in England reveals the first ever Disney character, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit—the long-eared precursor to Mickey Mouse.
- We have a sinking suspicion that a theme park based on Titanic—and other movies and TV shows like Aliens, The Simpsons and Sons of Anarchy—is going to be a big hit in Dubai.
- We know skunks give off a funky scent, but who knew they could also show off some funky moves while doing a handstand.
- A new study reveals that Asian-American hosts earn about 20% less on Airbnb than white hosts do.
- Not usually one to shy from controversy, Quentin Tarantino is 'not backing down' from his comments about police brutality, which have police unions in L.A. and New York calling for a boycott of his upcoming film.
- Leah Remini's new book Troublemaker offers a revealing breakdown of the financial costs of Scientology for her.
- We're looking forward to getting our hands on Ben & Jerry's new ice cream beer and beer ice cream, we just can't decide which to try first. Perhaps a beer float is in order?
- If you're in the mood to dive for sunken treasure, archeologists just found a giant graveyard of shipwrecks in Greece.
- And finally, this intense video from storm chaser Josh Morgerman shows what it was like to see Hurricane Patricia rip apart his hotel when it made landfall in Mexico late last month: