• Rachel Yamagata performs a free in-store tonight at Amoeba Music at 6 PM.
• The BellRays, The Starvations, Pat Todd and the Rankoutsiders and The Condors are on the bill tonight at Spaceland. Admission is free and doors open at 9 PM.
• The Echo is also hosting a free show, featuring Los Abandoned, The Black Watch, Summer at Shatter Creek and Wonderground. The show starts at 8 PM and is all ages until 9:30 PM (under 21 pays $5).
• Colored Shadows, Porterville, Allhours and Ringer are on stage at the Viper Room tonight at 8:30 PM.
• The Knitting Factory hosts an Iggy Pop concert DVD release and screening tonight at 7 PM.
• The Fold at Tangier features Devics, Sabrosa Purr and Annie Stela tonight at 8:30 PM. Cover is $10.
• The Grindhouse Film Festival returns to the New Beverly Cinema, this month featuring Shock Waves, directed by Ken Wiederhorn, and Burial Ground, directed by Andrea Bianchi. Admission is $7 and the features start at 7:30 PM.
• Tonight is the monthly RES Fest at 8 PM, this month featuring a Roman Coppola retrospective, as well as new videos for Blood of Abraham and Dead Prez; the after party features sets by DJs Roman Coppola, Kiino Villand and Todd Roberts. Tickets are $10.
• Lucero is on stage tonight at the Troubadour with The Honorary Title and The Glass. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $8 advance.
• The Silverlake Lounge features Amps for Christ, Nudity (ex-COCO, Dub Narcotic) and Worms, beginning at 9 PM. Tickets are $7.
• "Play It Again - The Movie Music of Woody Allen" comes to the Hollywood Bowl tonight at 8 PM. Featuring Sandra Bernhard, Ann Hampton Callaway, Nellie McKay, Curtis Stigers, the Hollywood Jazz Orchestra and the Mitch Hanlon Singers, who will perform classic jazz standards featured in the films of Woody Allen. Tickets range from $6-42.
• AFI at ArcLight presents The Grapes of Wrath tonight at 8 PM.
• The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences presents a screening of Invasion of the Body Snatchers at 8 PM as part of the Don Siegel retrospective; Clint Eastwood and Curtis Hanson will be on hand to discuss his work. Tickets are $5 for the public, $3 Academy members.
• Tangier features James William Hindle, Bart Davenport, Andrew Goodsight and Hensley tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $10.
• Shannon McNally, Speechwriters LLC, Todd Thibaud and Miranda Lee Richards are at the Hotel Cafe tonight at 9 PM.
• For those who didn't get tickets to Le Tigre, check out La Polla Loca at Little Pedro's, with resident DJs Senior and Rudy Blue, plus guest DJ JD of Le Tigre. Things heat up at 10 PM.
• The inimitable Chris Whitley performs tonight at the Knitting Factory with Rob Shapiro from Populuxe. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $12.
• Ray Wylie Hubbard and I See Hawks in LA are at McCabe's Guitar Shop tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $15.
• Guitarist extraordinaire Mark Knopfler and special guest William Topley perform at the Greek Theatre tonight at 7:30 PM. Tickets range from $30-79.50.
• The Scene hosts The Rolling Blackouts, The Red Onions and the Alleged Gunman. Cover is $8.
• Shiny Toy Guns, Gram Rabbit, Abandoned Pools and Boy Girl play the Galaxy Theatre tonight at 8 Pm. Tickets are $10.
• The musicians, dancers and acrobats of Elvis Schoenberg's Orchestre Surreal take over the Ford tonight at 8:30 PM. Tickets are $18-22.50.
• The Hammer Museum hosts another series of Sundance Summer Shorts at 8 PM, featuring Fast Film, Ryan, The Meaning of Life, Solo un Cargador, The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal and The Raftman's Razor.
• Bluegrass at the Ford features JD Crowe and The New South, plus The Lampkins Family Band, at 8 PM. Tickets are $24-30.
• The Egyptian Theatre features the Terence Malick classic Days of Heaven at 5 PM, followed by The Exorcist at 8 PM.
• Poet Phoebe MacAdams will read two modern poetry classics tonight at Beyond Baroque: TS Eliot's "The Wasteland" and "The Flowering of the Rod" by HD. The reading begins at 7:30 PM.
• LACMA hosts a special preview screening of Werner Herzog's documentary, Grizzly Man, tonight at 7:30 PM.
• MOCA stays open after dark for "Night Vision," featuring gallery viewing, DJs, Basquiat film screenings, tours, and artmaking, plus dinner and drinks, beginning at 6 PM. Events are free with museum admission.
• The Autry National Center and the Alex Film Society present a special restored widescreen print of Sergio Leone's classic The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach. Before the screening, enjoy "a live performance by Alessandro Alessandroni, the "whistler" featured in this and many other Morricone soundtracks, along with a brief exploration of Leone's legacy from Leone's biographer, cinema historian Sir Christopher Frayling." The night begins at 7 PM at the Alex Theater in Glendale.
• Free BBQ today at The Echo, featuring Merle Jagger and the Black Tongued Bells. Things get going at 5 PM.
• Garth Trinidad hosts a night of music with Femi Kuti, Mos Def and Daara J at the Hollywood Bowl. Tickets range from $12-34; music starts at 7 PM.