This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Classical Pick Of The Week: More Christmas Stuff
If you're not humbugging, you can watch the Nutcracker at....
- Inland Pacific Ballet's performances today at 2 PM (probably too late) or next Saturday at 2 PM and 7 PM, or Sunday at 2 PM at the Bridges Auditorium in Claremont. The are also performing in Rancho Cucamanga on the 16th and 17th (Thursday and Friday) at 7 PM at the Lewis Playhouse.
- The Pasadena Dance Theatre is performing at the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse on the 18th and 19th at 7:30 and 2 PM, respectively.
- The South Bay Ballet is putting on a performance at El Camino College's Marsee Auditorium next Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM.
- The Coast City Ballet is performing at the Huntington Beach Historic Theatre next Saturday and Sunday as well.
- The La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Artsis putting on two shows of the Nutcracker on Sunday at 3 and 7 PM.
- Los Angeles Ballet on Saturday at 1 and 5 PM, for both nights, at UCLA's Royce Hall
Other Holiday concerts that aren't the Nutcracker!
- At the Mouse House, Chanticleer returns on Wednesday at 8 PM for their take on holiday music. Friday at 8 PM brings the Holiday Organ Spectacular (it really is) and you'll have another chance to check out the Messiah sing-a-long (marathon) on Sunday at 7 PM with the LA Master Chorale.
- If you're in Ventura County, theMaster Chorale of Ventura Countyhas a performance on Friday at 8 PM and Sunday at 4:30 PM of Christmas music from Bach to Kent to other traditional songs.
- At the Orange County Performing Arts Center, you've got an entire week of events including the Messiah today, Sounds of the Seasons on Monday, Andy Williams' Christmas special Thursday through Saturday, and Pacific Chorale's concert on Sunday.
- CalArts has a Winter Dance at REDCAT, the venue below the Disney Hall on Friday and Saturday at 8:30 PM, the California Contemporary Ballet has the Snow Queen on Friday at 7:30 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and 7:30 PM, and on Sunday at 2 PM, at Glendale Community College's Performing Arts Theater.
- The Hollywood Master Chorale is performing excerpts from Messiah at the Hollywood United Methodist Church on Sunday at 7 PM, the LA Symphony is doing Messiah at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels on Sunday at 7:30 PM, and the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles is doing their annual holiday musical extravaganza at the Alex Theatre on the 18th at 3 PM and 8 PM, and on the 19th at 3 PM.