This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• Bane are at the Troubadour tonight with Evergreen Terrace, Cursed and Verse. Doors open at 7 PM; tickets are $12 advance.
• The Knitting Factory is hopping tonight: in the Main Room, see Helio Sequence, Rogue Wave and Audio Out Send at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10 advance, $12 at the door. In the Front Room, Afrirampo, Babyland, Scout Niblett and The Pope are performing at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10.
• Fountains of Wayne perform acoustic tonight at Largo. Doors open at 8 PM.
• AIGA Los Angeles presents "Open Book: The True Story of Book Design" at the Pasadena Museum of California Art. Michael Carabetta, design director of Chronicle Books, leads a panel of local designers and authors discussing their adventures in book design from 6:30 – 9:30 PM. Registration is required (no later than June 29), and admission ranges from $10 — $30 (admission is $10 extra at the door).
• A special kick-off show for Echo Park's Fuck Yeah Fest will happen tonight at midnight at the Knitting Factory. The headlining guest will not be announced until the show (it will be a "very special band from Canada"), but it will feature DJ sets by Keith Morris and Sam Velde. The party is all ages and admission is free.
Click here to see our complete listing of this week's events.