This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Cat and Fiddle
• Hella, Wives and Wires On Fire perform tonight at the Knitting Factory. The show starts at 7:30 PM; tickets are $10.
• The Silverlake Lounge has Larkin Grimm, Viking Moses, Bobby Birdman and Yacht starting tonight at 8:30 PM.
• LACMA features a screening of the classic Cat on a Hot Tin Roof today a 1 PM.
• Retribution Gospel Choir are on-stage at Spaceland, featuring Alan Sparhawk of Low and Mark Kozelek of The Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon. Doors open at 9 PM.
• AFI at ArcLight presents a special screening of Patton tonight at 8 PM.
• Author Nick Flynn presents and signs his new memoir, Another Bullshit Night in Suck City tonight at 7 PM at BookSoup.
• Indie up-and-comers Maximo Park are on tonight at the Troubadour with Goldspot and Dirty Little Secret. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $13 advance, $15 day of.
• The Posies, Oranger and Deathray Davies perform tonight at the Knitting Factory at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $12 advance, $14 at the door. [21+]
• Josh Haden, The Section Quartet and Listing Ship are on tonight at The Echo at 8 PM. Tickets are $8. [18+]
• The El Rey hosts Ted Leo & the Pharmacists, Go Go Go Airheart, Foreign Born and Tralala tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $15.50.
• The Aero features film historian Bill Krohn introducing a special screening of the Hitchcock classic North by Northwest at 7:30 PM.
• Indie up-and-comers Maximo Park are on tonight at the Troubadour with Gram Rabbit and Test Your Reflex. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $13 advance, $15 day of.
• It's Honky Tonk Heaven at the Knitting Factory, featuring The Lucky Stars, Mike Stinson, Hank Floyd, Justin & Sally Curis and DJ Cowboy Nick of KXLU tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $6.
• Enjoy at "A Night at the Copa" with Pink Martini and Bebel Gilberto at the Hollywood Bowl tonight at 8:30 PM. Remaining tickets are $14-33.
• Noise invades The Echo, with Mika Miko, Limited, Numbers and XBXRX during an early show at 6 PM. Tickets are $8 advance, $10 day of.
• AM, Speechwriters LLC, Greg Johnson and The Bloody Lovelies are performing tonight at The Hotel Cafe, beginning at 8 PM.
• Enjoy at "A Night at the Copa" with Pink Martini and Bebel Gilberto at the Hollywood Bowl tonight at 8:30 PM. Remaining tickets are $14.
• The Aero continues it's Hitchcock screenings with a double feature of The Birds and Marnie tonight at 7:30 PM.
• Author John Albert presents his new book, Wrecking Crew: The Really Bad News Griffith Park Pirates at 5 PM tonight at Skylight Books.
• The Museum of the American West hosts a free screening of the Sergio Leone classic The Good, the Bad and the Ugly tonight at 8 PM. Bring a blanket!
• Yet another Hitchcock double feature at the Aero, this time featuring Strangers on a Train and Shadow of a Doubt, starting at 5 PM.