Support for LAist comes from
True LA stories, powered by you
Stay Connected

Share This

Arts and Entertainment

Blac Chyna Granted Temporary Restraining Order Against Rob Kardashian

blacchyna_robkardashian.jpg
(Photo by Greg Doherty / Getty Images)
LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.

Blac Chyna has been granted a temporary restraining order against Rob Kardashian in response to the sexually explicit images he posted of her on Instagram and Twitter last week.

Chyna and her attorney Lisa Bloom arrived at a downtown L.A. courthouse Monday morning for a hearing pertaining to the order. Kardashian did not attend the hearing, according to AP.

The temporary restraining order was issued pending another hearing on August 8. Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner James E. Blancarte issued the order, but did not divulge its terms. He said his primary concern is their baby, Dream, who was born in November 2016, according to AP.

Chyna spoke with Good Morning America this morning about the photos, saying "I felt comfortable, you know, with even sending these pictures and even talking to him about certain things." On Friday, Bloom released a statement saying,

Support for LAist comes from
"Cyberbullying your ex is harassment. Chyna ended your relationship months ago and she has the right to live as she chooses, work as she chooses, dress as she chooses, date who she chooses, and be intimate with who she chooses."

Los Angeles County sheriff's officials told the L.A. Times that no complaints have been made about the posts, which would be necessary to start an investigation. If an investigation were to proceed, Kardashian's posts may be in violation of California's anti-revenge porn law, which was enacted in 2013. Violators of the law may face a fine of $1,000 or up to six months in jail.

Kardashian has not spoken about the matter since he last tweeted on July 5.