As Yet Untitled
• Sea Level Records presents Sinking! at the Bigfoot Lodge with DJs sealeveltodd and special guests DJs Chili & Sylvia. Admission is free; doors open at 9 PM. Call (323) 662-9227 for more information.
• Show up early (and we mean early) if you want to find a good spot at Amoeba Music tonight, when the Drive-By Truckers will be giving a free in-store performance at 7 PM. LAist can vouch that they are one of the best live bands we have ever seen, so show up early if you want to see.
• The Knitting Factory has The Soviettes, The Dollyrots, The Methadones, Lipstick Pickups and Drinkers Purgatory tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $7.
• At Spaceland, tonight is a benefit for the Rose Scharin School featuring Mia Doi Todd, Duane Jarvis, and a very special—and as yet unannounced—gueset. Doors are at 9 PM.
• The ArcLight is screening one of the best concert films of all time—Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense—tonight at 8 PM, directed by Jonathan Demme.
• The Largo has singer Andrew Bird performing tonight. Doors open at 8 PM.
• The El Rey has Shivaree performing with Clem Snide tonight, featuring Robert Schneider (of The Apples in Stereo). Show starts at 7:30 PM and tickets are $16.50.
• Amoeba Music hosts a free in-store performance by Canadian popsters Hot Hot Heat at 6 PM.
• Adam Green (of Moldy Peaches) performs tonight at The Glasshouse with 60 Watt Kid. Doors open at 7 PM; tickets are $10.
• The ArcLight has a special midnight showing of Stephen Chow's new film, Kung Fu Hustle, in the dome.
• Bring on the good times when Morris Day & the Time appear at The Vault 350 in Long Beach. Tickets are $40 and the show starts at 7 PM.
• Former Insomniac Dave Attell performs at the Canyon Club. Doors open at 8 PM.
• The Knitting Factory features Bird, Sky Parade, Fielding, Hensley and The Distortions tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $10.
• At Spaceland, 9 PM brings Paloalto, Hayes, Jonny Was and Unbusted.
• Deerhoof play the first of two nights at The Echo, featuring guests Lily Marlene and Young Playthings. Doors open at 6:30 PM; music begins at 7 PM. Tic
ets are $10 at the door.Ariel Pink (4/9)
Becky Stark (4/9)
• Margaret Cho brings her "Assassin" tour to The Wiltern tonight for the first of three performances in two nights. Doors open at 7 PM and tickets run $29.50 and $45.
• It's a Godard double feature at the New Beverly Cinema, featuring his new film, Notre Musique, at 7:30 PM, followed by Contempt at 9:10 PM.
• LACMA features two films in the series "Through a Lens Darkly: The Classic Films of Ingmar Bergman": The Seventh Seal and The Virgin Spring.
• Legend and father to singer Rufus, Loudoun Wainwright III will give two back-to-back performances at McCabe's, one at 7:30, the second at 9:30 PM. Tickets are $22.50.
• The Glasshouse hosts Lamb Of God, Fireball Ministry and Winds of Plague tonight at 7 PM. Tickets are $17.
• Deerhoof play their second and final night at The Echo, featuring guests Ariel Pink and Becky Stark. Doors open at 6:30 PM; music begins at 7 PM. Tic
ets are $10 at the door.
• Margaret Cho brings her "Assassin" tour to The Wiltern tonight for two performances in one night, at 7:30 and 10 PM. Tickets run $29.50 and $45.
• It's a Godard double feature at the New Beverly Cinema, featuring his new film, Notre Musique, at 3:50 and 7:30 PM, followed by Contempt at 5:30 and 9:10 PM.
• The Fold at Tangier has Angela Correa, nLannon, Bermuda Triangle Service, Summer at Shatter Creek and Patria Jacobs beginning at 7 PM tonight. Tickets are $8.