This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Among the Yearlings
• Gillian Welch appears tonight at Avalon at 8 PM. Tickets are $23.
• Edgefest begins today at the Los Angeles Theatre Center downtown, featuring over 30 productions and 200 performances between today and October 23rd. Be sure to show up for the walk-about performance of "Macbeth" haunting the streets of downtown.
• Tonight is the debut of High Times Comedy Night at 10 PM at the Hollywood Improv, featuring Sarah Silverman, Doug Benson and Gary Gulman. Tickets are $15—$4.20 of each ticket will go to NORML.
• The ArcLight hosts a special midnight screening of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit in the Cinerama dome.
• LACMA in association with the Consulate General de France presents "An Evening in Honor of Jacques Derrida" at 7:30 PM. The film Derrida will be screened, followed by a discussion with filmmakers Amy Ziering Kofman and Kirby Dick and moderated by Claudine Mulard. Admission is free.
Click here for our complete list of events for this week.