A Sweeter Hereafter
LAist isn't even really sure why we felt compelled to write about Valentine's Day events, considering that it really isn't much of a holiday at all, unless one revels in the unabashed glut of candy and flowers—in which case, we say live it up.
• Perk up your night with performances by Bright Eyes and Neva Dinova with Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter tonight at The Orpheum. Tickets are $25 and doors open at 7 PM.
• At the Hotel Cafe, enjoy "Love Songs for The Unloved" featuring Hardcore Dave, Cantinero, Fielding and The Beagles, beginning at 8 PM.
• The Echo rings in Valentine's Day with performances by Mia Doi Todd, Quarter After, Camino Real, Ill Lit and DJ Hoseh from 8:30 PM on. Admission is free. [21+]
• For a more fanciful take on the "holiday," Ain't It Cool News and the American Cinematheque have joined forces to bring a special sneak preview screening of Constantine to the Egyptian Theatre tonight at 7:30 PM.
• If you have a special someone that you'd like to share the evening with, check out CineSpace's one night only screening of Casablanca, complete with a full five-course meal for you and your sweetie, at 7:30 and 9:30 PM. Tickets are $55.