Extra, Extra: Two Downtown Skyscrapers Will Become A Giant Harp
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The City National Tower in downtown Los Angeles is going to be turned into a giant, 700 ft. harp by musician William Close on December 10.
- You can rent a room in the house where Real World: Los Angeles was filmed.
- Adult film performer Stoya spoke to The Guardian about her allegations against her ex, James Deen.
- Los Feliz's Mother Dough is closing at the end of the month, so get your final pizzas from the eatery while you can.
- A man found his grandparents' century-old wedding cake stored in a hatbox in the garage.
- A study looking at paternity at a California policy that made paid paternity leave the law showed that dads are 46% more likely to take paternity leave in their child's first year since the law's passing. But it also showed that fathers are twice as likely to take paternity leave if their child is a boy than if it's a girl.
- A Nevada politician decided it was a good idea for her Christmas card to feature nearly her entire family, including a child, holding guns.
- A man whose name is actually Bud Weisser was arrested for allegedly trespassing at the Budweiser brewery in St. Louis.
- And finally, here's a badass dog and his badass friend: