Driving Lessons for Starlets...
So we applaud the latest law that requires proper disposal of batteries, but LAist would like to suggest another one for the books: A state law requiring Hollywood starlets, past and present, to take a special driving test every other year. We're pushing this proposal in light of 90210's Shannen Doherty traffic incident on PCH yesterday.
Think about how much safer LA surface streets and freeways could become if the Lindsays, Scarletts and Parises could sharpen their driving skills more often. Tests could include:
- How to drive and talk on the cellphone at the same time;
- How to apply makeup in the car;
- When to make out in the car and when not to;
- When to put down the nonfat, soy latte;
- How to use a baby car seat (Britney, this one is especially for you);
- The right way to dodge paparazzi; and finally,
- When to just give up and hire a chauffer.
The law (which would ban stick-shift cars in certain celeb hands) would apply to those Hollywood "stars" whose car incidents have appeared in a supermarket tabloid, in an E! True Hollywood Story or have dated Wilmer Valderrama at some point. We think this just about covers everyone that needs to be recertified.
Maybe the governator will help us out with this? If he does, then we won't push for the motorcycle amendment to the law.