This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Captured and Tortured Beach Balls are Finally Found and Other AM News
- 9,000 people a month turn in their California driver's licenses for Arizona ones - LAT
- LA coach builders + Mini Coopers = Mini Cooper limos - bornrich
- The only thing worthwhile in the holier-than-thou feature about author Roger Kahn who wants to pretend that there's something wrong with betting on your own team, is this quote by Jim Murray about Pete Rose: "Did Rose bet on the game?" Murray once asked in a column. "Probably. Rose bet on the color of the next car coming down the street." - LAT
- NPR this morning aired an interview they did with a woman who was taken from an LA hospital to Skid Row where she lived for six years - NPR
- Frisco woman gives birth on a sidewalk and then leaves the baby on the street - CBS5
More copycats: New York suddenly wants 1 million trees - AP
- Green power might hurt the environment? - CS Monitor
- Jessica Biel setting the standard - Yeeeah
- Dita reveals that she divorced Marilyn Manson because the rock star parties too much and was cheating on her with a teenager - Telegraph
- In her Coachella preview, Kate Sullivan of the LA Weekly agrees with us that the state of music today is much better than 7-8 years ago - LA Weekly
- Myspace is allowing Photobucket's videos on their site again - Photobucket
- RIP, Keith Richards' mom - Reuters
photo by Joits