This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Burning Man, Earthman, Time Lady & Other AM News
- David Garcia, KNBC's environmental reporter died of liver failure yesterday in Palm Desert at 63. Adios, Earthman! - KNBC
- If you are an illegal alien and you got pulled over, and the LAPD discovered that you didn't have a drivers license, your car would be immediately impounded. That practice might be illegal, somehow, so the LAPD are stopping that. The Sheriff's Dept., however, is a different story - LAT
- Frisco man burns Burning Man by burning the man during the lunar eclipse, gets arrested - SFist
- Surprise surprise, officials of the LA Roman Catholic Archdiocese knew that one of their many child-molesting priests would run off to Mexico to hide (and rape more altar boys) - AP
- The FAA is investigating LAX due to a second close call on a runway - Daily Breeze
- Virgin begins flying between LA and JFK starting today. Stop snickering - AP
- The attack of the frozen yogurt stores continue, now two are opening up within 100 feet of each other in glorious Glendale - Eater LA
- Man hops the fence of an elementary school in Lancaster and starts fondling girls - Daily News
- Hurry up and call 853-1212 before the Time Lady has her plug pulled by AT&T - LAT
- Vote for the hottest local real estate yuppies - Curbed