This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
AM News for your Dodger Dog Hangover
- (1) Go to Circuit City today after 2pm, (2) ask if they have Super Paper Mario in stock, (3) if they don't have it in stock ask and then receive a Circuit City $20 gift card, (4) dance around with your free $20, (5) thank your pals at LAist and at - Joystiq
- A state panel in Oxnard basically killed any hope for a floating offshore natural gas terminal to be built about 14 miles off of Malibu - AP
- Keersten admits to being in the 420 Club, and now we can admit to having the hugest crush on her that has just turned to love - D Listed
- 96-year-old UCLA legend John Wooden has been in the hospital since Sunday because of a bleeding colon - AP
- "Dodger Stadium's fancy new parking system resulted in mammoth traffic jams that decorated Chavez Ravine in gridlock. Departing traffic was still bumper to bumper an hour after the game." And they ran out of Dodger Dogs in the fourth inning at a stand in the loge - LAT
- But have no fear, in the Field and Loge sections of Dodger Stadium, there are now Healthy Carts that have for sale "a grilled vegetable wrap, spinach and strawberry salad, hummus with vegetable dippers, fruit salad, an oven-roasted turkey wrap, a turkey hot dog and even a veggie dog." - Daily News
- Of over 50,000 who applied, almost 12,000 are being offered admission to UCLA, and of those near 12,000, 392 are African-American, a 2.1 percent increase from last year. Just 392? Is that really something to be proud of? - Daily Bruin
- For five months of 2006 when people left messages complaining about the LAPD into a toll-free complaint line, their insights were not recorded - Daily News
- Not as great as newscasters blinking, but still, Celebs Eating - CityRag
- Blogging turned 10 years old this month - Guardian UK
- Dita, the hottest divorcee in LA sez: "I've been taking bubble baths on stage for a really long time. The costumes change and the aesthetics have changed but it is an act I have been doing - LAT Vegas Blog
photo, "BEFORE: All gone...it's empty", by mil8