This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
6 Things We Learned From Today's Times
6. The couple who were shot and killed by cops in Laguna Beach died in a weird way. The wife was freaking out, cops arrived, she wouldnt put down the gun or stop pointing it at the cops, they shot her, the husband picked up the gun and pointed it at the cops, so they shot him and killed him, and the woman reached for the gun again and the cops killed her.
5. AP staff writer Andrew Seligman thinks he's funny, quoting verbatim Zo Mourning: "We've been here before, you know what I'm saying?" But maybe we're overprotective of one of the most miraculous NBA players ever.
4. Ann Powers agrees with us that LaKisha picked the right song last night on American Idol: "Only LaKisha Jones, the last free thinker standing, did something sassy -- covering a Fantasia song too soon after that Idol's reign."
3. There are only 750 homeless people living downtown?
2. The USC student found with a gun at a party where he was threatening people was also found with "threatening materials", whatever those are.
1. Theres such a thing as a "custom slaughterhouse".
photo by queso monkey