This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
1001 Reasons LA is Better than Florida
• #147 - A Tallahassee prison warden and two of his assistants were removed yesterday after an inmate had his ass kicked by four guards - NYT
• #148 - Crooks stole customer information from the parent company of T.J. Maxx to create credit cards which they then spent on Wal-Mart and Sam's Club gift cards in 50 of Florida's 65 counties. Are these crooks saying that Florida Wal-Mart's are easy to rip off? - Information Week
• #149 - A 15-year-old in Parkland, Florida set off an acid bomb at school. Nine were injured, slightly. - AP
• #150 - Anna Nicole's not-funny judge was popped for pot in a park in Hollywood, Florida - Monsters and Critics
• #151 - 19 year old mom arrested for leaving her baby outside - Local 6
• #152 - A Cocoa man says his wife was having rough sex with him when she died, with his belt around his neck, hours before their divorce was going to be legal - Local 6
#153 - There are so many crocodiles in Florida now, more than in the last 30 years, that they are no longer considered endangered. Uh, great. - National Geographic
photo by Peter Stanik