Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gothamist followed the story of a woman who claimed a police officer manhandled her—punching her and grabbing her breasts—because she had taken her pug out of its carrier. There were numerous, some differing witness accounts and the police are investigating the allegations.
- Seattlest owned up to its darkest, most claustrophobic fear--getting trapped in a badly maintained hellevator.
- SFist wondered why some Bay Area residents feared the high speed rail system, which would whisk people from downtown San Francisco to downtown Los Angeles in two hours.
- Phillyist was disappointed but unsurprised when the makers of Trojan condoms named Philly amongst the least-sexed cities in the States.
- Chicagoist checked out the annual Pride Parade, which celebrated its 40th anniversary.
- Torontoist didn't just get to watch their city's Pride Parade (or people-watch after it)—they got to march in it, snapping photos as they want.
- LAist found that there is no better way to represent your 'hood than by sporting an area code t-shirt--818, 213, 310, 323 & 562 in the hizzouse!
- Londonist wondered if the candid spectacle of a backpacker sniffing his own underwear constitutes entertainment.
- (Grandpa) Bostonist criticized the fixie phenomenon and white trash parties, inviting the wrath of hipsters citywide.
- DCist spoke to the sad owners of a dog who they suspected had been stolen while tied up outside a local Whole Foods, which, it turns out, made their commenters surprisingly angry.