Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Gothamist was mesmerized by the amazing story of a cat who survived a 26-story fall from a lower Manhattan apartment building. And the cat's name is Lucky!
- SFist asked members of the gastronomic elite to reveal their favorite junk food.
- Torontoist took a look inside the spectacular Airbus A380—the world's largest passenger plane.
- Phillyist told readers about an adoptable dog—and she's a cutie!
- Shanghaiist watched plainclothes police with umbrellas LITERALLY try to cover up any attempts to report on the Tiananmen anniversary.
- Bostonist learned that the first rule of Laugh Club is that you don't laugh about Laugh Club.
- DCist debated the merits of the D.C. Council's decision to impose a 5 cent fee on consumers for every plastic or paper disposable bag they take from a local retailer.
- LAist has been hearing a lot of chatter lately about the infamous Twittering Taco Truck, KogiBBQ, and their dubious PR skiLLs: "Dear Hypesters, this shizz has GOT to STOP."
- Seattlest doesn't want to make a big thing out of it, but New York hearts Seattle's coffee and chocolate combo and our speakeasy that's so exclusive it's not even open.
- Chicagoist kept track of the trial of Anthony Abbate, the police officer who's brutal beating of a bartender was caught on tape and seen around the world; Abbate was found guilty of aggravated assault.
- Londonist discovered what might be the city's best 'fairy cake' in the Londonist Cupcake Throwdown.