Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gothamist was mesmerized by the amazing story of a cat who survived a 26-story fall from a lower Manhattan apartment building. And the cat's name is Lucky!
- SFist asked members of the gastronomic elite to reveal their favorite junk food.
- Torontoist took a look inside the spectacular Airbus A380—the world's largest passenger plane.
- Phillyist told readers about an adoptable dog—and she's a cutie!
- Shanghaiist watched plainclothes police with umbrellas LITERALLY try to cover up any attempts to report on the Tiananmen anniversary.
- Bostonist learned that the first rule of Laugh Club is that you don't laugh about Laugh Club.
- DCist debated the merits of the D.C. Council's decision to impose a 5 cent fee on consumers for every plastic or paper disposable bag they take from a local retailer.
- LAist has been hearing a lot of chatter lately about the infamous Twittering Taco Truck, KogiBBQ, and their dubious PR skiLLs: "Dear Hypesters, this shizz has GOT to STOP."
- Seattlest doesn't want to make a big thing out of it, but New York hearts Seattle's coffee and chocolate combo and our speakeasy that's so exclusive it's not even open.
- Chicagoist kept track of the trial of Anthony Abbate, the police officer who's brutal beating of a bartender was caught on tape and seen around the world; Abbate was found guilty of aggravated assault.
- Londonist discovered what might be the city's best 'fairy cake' in the Londonist Cupcake Throwdown.