Three People Hospitalized After Falling Ill At Hollywood Bowl
Initially thought to be a drug overdose, three people were hospitalized Saturday after suffering apparent food poisoning while attending the 33rd Annual Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl, said Los Angeles police Sgt. Raul Jovel, according to CBS Local.
Witnesses reported the concert-goers fell ill quickly, prompting calls to 911 just after 7:00 p.m. One of the victims was listed in critical condition; two other victims were reported moderately ill.
“We were called out here for originally for an overdose but upon our investigation working closely with LAPD we found out, most likely, it’s food poisoning,” LAFD Battalion Chief Corey Rose said.
The three adults ate before they arrived at the Hollywood Bowl, according to other members of their group. LAFD confirmed that "the food was consumed at another, unrelated site other than here."