The LAist Starting Five: Clippers Fan Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn (not pictured above) writes Overeducated and Underemployed, a blog for Clipper fans who are self-absorbed, watch crap tv and have an ironic love of Dick Cheney.
And while it might be a cloudy day in Los Angeles, the sun is still shining in Clipper Nation so we thought we'd ask a true blue Clippers Fan a question or five.
1. Let's get the bad out of the way, first. You've been a Clipper fan for a long time. What's your Clippers history low point?
You don't become a Clippers fan without expecting to suffer, so to be honest, you learn to turn every low point into a bizarre high. Your team is so bad, tickets are only $10? Great, you can afford a Staples Center beer. You're the only person in your section? Here's your chance to scream nonsensically about Eric "The Polish Rifle" Piatkowski. You're counting on Michael Olowokandi to turn the team around? Actually, there was nothing good about that.
2. We assume you've heard the "I'm N Luv (Wit Da Clippers)" tribute song. Which Clipper are you in love with?
This is like asking me to pick my favorite child, or favorite Journey song. I'm going to have to cop out and go with a multi-categoried answer. In life, just as a person, I love Elton Brand. On the court, Sam I Am. Behind the mic, Ralph Lawler, with his antiquated catchphrases, "legal" decrees, and ability to deem Cassell's jawing merely "colorful" while keeping a straight face. In the stands, the half red/half blue suit guy (Clipper Darrell, pictured above, who we would really really like to interview) who does the "I'm making out with myself" dance.
3. We're hoping beyond hope for the Clippers/Lakers Hallway series but the most important battle may be in the stands: 2 men enter a cage, one steps out. Is it Jack Nicholson or Billy Crystal?
I love the Clippers, and I love Billy Crystal, but let's be real. Jack. I think a better match-up is Frankie Muniz vs. Dyan Cannon. And you better believe Agent Cody Banks takes her 4 out of 7.
4. How are you showing your Clippers Pride this Playoff season?
By becoming a general nuisance to my coworkers, blogging, and sporting a variety of fashionable t-shirts. I'm also styling my hair a la Chris Kaman against my better judgement and the wishes of my husband.
5. Assuming the Lakers can make it out of the first round, give us your prediction on the Clippers-Lakers series:
Let me start by saying Lakers, take your time. Go to seven, play a few overtimes, and by all means, keep getting knocked around. Then, I'm thinking Clippers in 4. It's a brand new day in Clipper Nation, might as well dream big.
Thanks Megan! If you've got a Clippers Fan Blog, we'd love to know about it. We just might ask you your own Starting 5.