Susan Feniger's Unexpected Temporary Street Closure
Tonight just before 7pm the fire detector in the kitchen of Susan Feniger's popular new restaurant, "Street" malfunctioned. It detected a nonexistent grease fire and the sprinkler system sprayed a hot chemical down on the kitchen from behind the chefs, coating much of the food and sending everyone running out of the kitchen. Not only is the food a loss, but there are strict rules about this kind of thing both from the Health Department and Fire Department.
The restaurant had to be closed down for the night, and perhaps for as long as 24 hours. It was most likely an Ansul system, which removes oxygen from the air, according to the LAFD. The LAFD also stated that in this kind of event the alarm system will need to be reserviced and the Health Department will have to be notified. Let's hope Street is back up and running soon. We cannot go with out our Kaya Toast for long or we will start seriously jonesing.