LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Surfers George Downing, Taylor Knox and Chuck Linnen will be inducted into the Surfer's Hall of Fame this year.
- Nearly 700 gallons of diesel spilled into Long Beach harbor today.
- Upland Mayor John Pomierski has resigned amid allegations of bribery, extortion, and money laundering.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein warned in a statement today that a government funding bill passed over the weekend by the House of representatives could lead to job losses and program cuts in California.
- In support of the Port of Los Angeles' Clean Trucks program, which seeks to reduce air pollution, Attorney General Kamala Harris has filed a friend-of-the-court brief in a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals case.
- A lawsuit brought by the deputy who arrested Mel Gibson and heard his subsequent anti-Semitic rant will go to trial, a judge decided today.
- Enter our contest to win tickets to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's "Westside Connections" series, which takes an innovative look at the connection between music and other artistic disciplines.