Win Tickets to See the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's "Westside Connections"
Do you search your iTunes library for a certain song when you're feeling glum? Does singing along while you're driving, or cleaning the house make you feel better? The connection between music and the mind is the inspiration for the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's "Westside Connections" series. Curated by concertmaster Margaret Batjer, this innovative LACO chamber music series on the Westside invites you to take a look at the connections between music and other artistic disciplines. We're giving away a pair of tickets to the March 3, 2011 performance at the Broad Stage at the Santa Monica College Performing Arts Center.
The artists will introduce the pieces from the stage and the 90-minute concerts include an opportunity for relaxed conversation between the musicians and the audience. On the program for the March 3 show are several pieces by Schumann: Romance in A major for Violin and Piano, No. 2; Märchenbild for Viola and Piano, No. 4; Der Nussbaum (“The Nut Tree”); Mondnacht (“Moon Night”); Schöne Wiege meiner Leiden (“Beautiful Cradle of my Sorrows”); Widmung (“Dedication”); and Piano Quartet in E-flat major.
To have a chance at winning, leave a comment on this post telling us what one song or piece of music brings out a strong emotional response for you. Maybe it's the song that reminds you of your first love...or first breakup. Or is it the song that came on your headphones when you crossed the finish line running your best marathon? Could be a song you sang with camp buddies, or something on the radio when you got some big news. Have fun with your ideas...though ultimately we're going to pick our winners at random. But you won't win if you don't enter!
Full details for entering are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below. Comments not left on this post as entry to the contest will be deleted.
- The criteria of the comment is to tell us what one song or piece of music brings out a strong emotional response for you
- Qualifying comments can be made using your Disqus, Facebook, or Twiter login. If you use Twitter, you must be following @LAist so that we may contact you by DM. If we cannot reach you, we will select another winner.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Comments will be accepted through Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 8:59:59 a.m.
- One (1) qualifying comment will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail, Facebook (FB email), or Twitter (DM) account connected to their LAist.com profile. The winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 5:00:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 1, 2011 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call under the winner's name as it is found on their drivers license or state-issued I.D.