The Race For LA County Sheriff: Q&A With Robert Luna And Alex Villanueva
L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva is running for reelection on the Nov. 8 ballot against former Long Beach Police Chief Robert Luna.
Read the Voter Game Plan guide: LA County Sheriff
As part of our commitment to providing voters with as much information as possible, we asked Villanueva and Luna questions on a variety of issues before the June primary.
We present their answers here, side-by-side. Click the arrow next to any question, and the candidates’ responses will appear.
Read Their Answers
Watch Their Debate
More Voter Guides
City of Los Angeles
- Mayor: Learn more about Karen Bass and Rick Caruso, and who is funding their campaigns
- City Controller: Learn who is running and why it matters
- Measures: Make sense of Measure LH, Measure SP, and Measure ULA
- City Council: There are four districts on this ballot
- Sheriff: Compare the two candidates for L.A. County sheriff
- Water Agencies: Learn what they do and what to look for in a candidate
How to evaluate judges
- Superior Court: What you need to know to make a choice
- Court of Appeals: Why this in on your ballot
- State Supreme Court: What your vote means
- Propositions 26 and 27: The difference between the sports betting ballot measures
- Proposition 29: Why kidney dialysis is on your ballot for the third time
- Proposition 30: Why Lyft is the biggest funder of this ballot measure
Head to the Voter Game Plan homepage for guides to the rest of your ballot.