Extra, Extra: Squeezing Out the Dolla' Bills
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- KCRW is now your one stop for Oscar coverage. Head over to their Oscar page for Director interviews, movie reviews, nominee lists, and polls. If you're not a member already, sign up so we can continue to have their great programming. We don't want any more radio casualties...
- Gweneth has been dishing the "goods" on her blog, GOOP, and LAist took notice back in December. Now, The Huffington Post adds their two-cents about their love of "reading aloud the most painfully Paltrow-esque lines."
- Your tax dollars are already at work in the case of the Octo Mom. Since she's gotten so many death threats, Police are having to spend a lot of time investigating all serious threats.
- In other tax paying news, your dollars were to be spent on 100 new Metro rail cars from AnsaldoBreda, an Italian company, but now Metro has open bidding to other companies. Citing "delivery delays" in 50 cars Breda is building, the finger-pointing in this situation and new round of bidding to other companies will cost us an extra $15 million. Some say the decision to go to bid is due to a Metro Official's son, who works for a competitor of Breda. This was later denied by the Official, but it's all about who you know, right?
- For those asking "whaaa???" about the recent crimes in Silver Lake, refer to LA Weekly who provides a great rundown about what's been happening.
- "Hey guys, I've seen a red van driving around in my area and it's giving me the creeps. Here's a description of the driver, the van, and an almost correct license plate. Please be wary of this van and forward this e-mail to everyone you know. In the meantime, I'll call the Police."
- Get caught boating and boozing, you can kiss your car bye-bye too.
- There's a new 800 spot parking garage near LA Live offering $5 for the first 90 minutes, maximum of $20. This is a sigh of relief for everyone plagued by outrageous parking rates near the new hot-spot. The garage is located off of Olympic at Francisco street.