Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Eric Garcetti launched a new campaign blog. You can find it here. Don't forget to add it (and LAist) to your RSS feed.
- Rihanna is cooperating with Police to build a case against her abusive boyfriend, Chris Brown. Now that the deluge of reports on this issue have died down, look for some professionally tailored statements to be released.
- You can now do something about those ANNOYING crows that perch outside your window every morning and wake you up with their incessant cawing. Shoot them! (San Juan Capistrano residents only, please...)
- Just under the one year anniversary of the council's decision to allow Hybrid vehicles to park in meters for free, they are reneging their generosity. Enforcement begins March 1st.
- Talk about diverting future blame and getting the masses to pressure someone else... Governor Schwarzenegger is going to lay off as many as 10,000 state workers if lawmakers fail to pass a plan to close California's nearly $42-billion deficit by the end of the week. Nicely played, Governor... Nicely played. Santa Monica's homeless will most likely be able to rest easier soon. "In a deal expected to be approved tonight, the city will lease seven units of a 19-unit mixed-use structure on Ocean Avenue to a local homeless service provider, who will rent out the space as affordable housing for the underprivileged"
- Temecula resident and freestyle motocross racer, Jeremy Lusk, 24, died last night due to injuries from an accident during competition Saturday. He failed to complete a full rotation while attempting a Hart Attack backflip and slammed headfirst into the dirt.