Extra, Extra: ObamAngeles
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Some of your loved ones may not have arrived into Burbank from Sacramento today. There was an odor of pepper spray coming from the back of the cabin and the plan was forced to turn back.
- Suspicious package at Chapman U. - Woo Hoo, half hour break!
- Metblogs follows up on an LA Times article detailing the annoyance of huge advertisements covering commercial buildings. We have been following the billboard fight, and feel the tenants' pain.
- A WeHo woman with a $10,000 purse collection is breathing a sigh of relief today when both of her pets survived a fire at her apartment. At first, the fire (caused by an exploding laptop left on the carpet) looked like it took the lives of her cat and dog when firefighters arrived on the scene, but they regained consciousness and started breathing on their own.
- Pregnant, and you're "ready to go?" Here's some help getting you started.
- A boat near San Diego's MIssion Bay was found on Saturday stuffed with more than 1,100 pounds of marijuana. The two men aboard were arrested on smuggling charges.
- As LA tries to just get one NFL team, Chicago wants a second helping.
- A tragic follow up to the news we posted 12/29/08. The 22-year-old UCLA research assistant that was badly burned during a lab fire, has died.