Extra, Extra: Squawk Box
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
"yell" Photo by mkerkes on Flickr
- In this day and age of reusing/recycling - after rinsing with Listerine, spit it onto your foot to take care of the fungus, and then clean your floor with the runoff.
- In a story that looks like it will take some turns - an officer shot and killed a man after he fled from a stolen vehicle and brandished a weapon. The man's name has not been released and the officer has since been put on administrative leave.
- A 25-year-old Iraq veteran isbeing held today as a suspect in the beating death of his 19-year-old live-in girlfriend. The man is said to be mentally unstable from war and confronted police when they were called to his apartment by a third party.
- Hipster foreshadowing - Alhambra???
- In news of the redundant, a gas station was robbed twice in three days in Garden Grove. Police think it was the same man.
- Can you smell it in the air? Yep, less blood! The summer of 2008 saw the lowest number of homicides in our lovely city since the summer of 1967.
- Per the formal request of the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES), the LAFD's Swift Water Rescue trained firefighters set off yesterday to Baton Rouge, LA to help residents affected by Hurricane Gustav. Good luck, guys!