This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Downtown L.A. Residents Are Really Rich
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Fire up your Keurig, you can now get bone broth, err stock, in 100% recyclable K-Cups. Yummy.
- A runaway cow galumphed across Queens today, offering New Yorkers a view of their food running for its life.
- A coalition of southwestern Native American tribes are petitioning President Obama to declare 2 million acres of land called Bear Ears, in Utah, a national monument.
- According to survey by the Downtown Business Improvement District, "DTLA" residents make an average $99,600 each year. We're totally sure they included Skid Row.
- The proposed 710 Freeway tunnel projects was listed as one of the country's 12 biggest transportation boondoggles, and it hasn't even been built yet!
- Kathryn Smith joined the Buffalo Bills payroll, becoming the NFL's first female coach.
- And now, following along with this list here, listen to David Bowie impersonate a bunch of other singers:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.