Los Angeles Tweets Itself: Rainpocalypse 2010 Edition
Everyone copes with the rain, and the world's largest noise receptacle these days is Twitter, where people inside and out of Los Angeles are chiming in with their witticisms and observations about our apocalyptic rain, hail, and thunder. Some are inspired to eat burgers or drink lattes, others think of Hollywoodites who are bumped out of the headlines, some have smug Seattle-ite superiority, while some just want to get busy. It's your city, Los Angeles, here's how you're Tweeting it:
- @shabtain: This LA rain makes me want to wear blankets and eat hamburgers in bed. #BlameItOnTheRain
- @missla15: Is it safe to assume that no one in Los Angeles owns an umbrella?
- @joeltelling: is Los Angeles complaining about rain the same as Seattle complaining about hot summer days the same?
- @MarcusAmick: All this rain in LA is WILD...but more interesting is watching how people here react to it.
- @JL_Jeff_Lewis Rainy day in LA again today. I wanted to build an ark to save all the pretty people from drowning, but I was short two assistants.
- @whalesalad: The rain, thunder, and lightening hitting LA right now is out of this world. My entire office building is shaking.