This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Los Angeles Tweets Itself: Rainpocalypse 2010 Edition
"Because Los Angeles is drowning in the rain, I've had to drag out my pink polka-dotted Wellies. Fuck you, California." (Photo by @HotComestoDie via Twitpic)
Everyone copes with the rain, and the world's largest noise receptacle these days is Twitter, where people inside and out of Los Angeles are chiming in with their witticisms and observations about our apocalyptic rain, hail, and thunder. Some are inspired to eat burgers or drink lattes, others think of Hollywoodites who are bumped out of the headlines, some have smug Seattle-ite superiority, while some just want to get busy. It's your city, Los Angeles, here's how you're Tweeting it:
- @shabtain: This LA rain makes me want to wear blankets and eat hamburgers in bed. #BlameItOnTheRain
- @missla15: Is it safe to assume that no one in Los Angeles owns an umbrella?
- @joeltelling: is Los Angeles complaining about rain the same as Seattle complaining about hot summer days the same?
- @MarcusAmick: All this rain in LA is WILD...but more interesting is watching how people here react to it.
- @JL_Jeff_Lewis Rainy day in LA again today. I wanted to build an ark to save all the pretty people from drowning, but I was short two assistants.
- @whalesalad: The rain, thunder, and lightening hitting LA right now is out of this world. My entire office building is shaking.
- @UrCherryBomb417: All this rain, and yet i don't think LA's found a way to save it. So really it's just flowing down the storm drains
- @earlcole: People stop crying about 7 straight days of rain here in LA. I lived in Seattle. It rained for 7 straight weeks followed by 7 more. sucked.
- @shanasimms: I'm pretty sure the apocalypse is happening in LA right now this rain is crazy! Hail & thunder?I'm preparing for the end by getting a latte.
- @al1208: What the hail, #LA?
- @RJF79: Apparently, Jesus and God are BOWLING above the Los Angeles skies. Man-Thunder ensues.
- @xenijardin: Thunder! Lightning! Shrieking car alarms! Melting facelifts! A new storm hitting. LA looks and sounds like a black metal album!
- @CindyLou: The rain gods in LA have stepped up their game. We've progressed from "constant lawn sprinkler" into "open fire hydrant" mode.
- @Howtowinfriends: Ok, getting serious now! Got on my LA Flood Stilts for my whitewater crossing to and from my vehicle. #LArain
- @s45149e: This #LA rain is no joke! Looks like a Brazilian rain forest out there! Tony Toni Tone, u damn liars!!!!
- @DavidBlue: With the rain scheduled to let up, LA residents can refocus their precious, unrelenting attention back where it belongs - on Lindsay Lohan
- @judlew: Here in Los Angeles we get very excited about things like rainbows and thunder.
- @CALIVISION: this weather makes me horny I gotta get some:) #rain #la
Spot a funny Rainpocalypse 2010 Tweet in your feed? Leave it in our comments!