This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LAist's Free Gig Guide
Unless otherwise noted, all shows are free of charge. All show lineups and times are subject to change without notice.
- Young Musicians Foundation Debut Orchestra perform John Corigliano’s Elegy, Aaron Copland’s Quiet City and Appalachian Spring Suite, and David Diamond’s Rounds at the Wilshire Ebell Theater at 4 PM. Call (310) 859-7668.
- The Arroyo Singers present their annual winter concert with guest accordionist Nick Ariondo at Oneonta Congregational Church at 4:30 PM. Call (323) 256-5332.
- The Colburn Conservatory of Music perform for LACMA's Sunday Live series. The concert begins at 6 PM in LACMA's Leo S. Bing Theatre. For info, call (323) 857-6234.
- Part-Time Punks take the stage at the echo. The show starts at 10 PM. Call (213) 413-8200.
- Lion Fever begin their Monday night residency at the echo. The show starts at 8:30 PM. For details, call (213) 413-8200.
- The Colour begin their residency at Spaceland. The doors open at 8 PM and the show begins at 9 PM. Call (323) 661-4380.
- The Lashes play Star Shoes at 9 PM. Call (323) 462-7627 for info.
- Bobby Matos & His Afro Latin Jazz Ensemble take the stage at Hal’s Bar & Grill at 9 PM. Call (310) 396-3105.
- The Martini Kings play The Derby at 9:30 PM. For more info, call (323) 663-8979.
- Cold War Kids take the stage at the Silverlake Lounge at 11 PM. Opening acts include Parson Redheads and Monster. Call (323) 666-2407 for details.
- Flamenco jazz guitarist Eishun Fukai plays at Solare at 8PM. Call (323) 655-7652.
- The Lashes take the stage at The Key Club. Details TBD. Call (310) 274-5800
- Dub Club play echodelic sounds of roots, rocksteady, ska, dub, dancehall, and reggae at the echo at 9 PM. The show is free before 10 PM. Call (213) 413-8200.
- Amoeba presents "Mandala"—a weekly in-house DJ seriesevery Wednesday night from 7-10 PM. Call (323) 245-6400.
- The Choraliers are throwing a holiday benefit concert at First Presbyterian Church of Santa Monica at 8 PM. The show is free with donation of canned food or cash. All proceeds benefit the OPCC’s Access Center—an organization that assists those struggling with poverty, homelessness, domestic violence and mental illness. Call (310) 264-6646, Ext. 235 for additional information.
- Trumpeter Jack Sheldon’s California Cool Quartet play Jax at 5:30 PM. Call (818) 500-1604
- LACMA's Friday Night Jazz Series features the Julie Kelly Quartet in the LA Times Central Court at 5:30 PM.