This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Street Closures for Sunday's Hollywood Christmas Parade
Formation map shows route and other restricted streets (City of LA)
Starting tomorrow and lasting through Monday, several streets in Hollywood will have closures and parking restrictions due to Sunday's Hollywood Christmas Parade.
The City of Los Angeles, Departments of Transportation and Police, expect thousands of people to fill the streets of Hollywood to watch this annual spectacle. Attendees are being urged to use public transit to get to the event, which travels in a U-shape starting on Hollywood Blvd at Orange, then moving east to Vine, south on Vine to Sunset Boulevard and west on Sunset, back to Orange.
The DOT is also reminding drivers that they will be "strictly enforcing a restricted no-parking policy for the Hollywood Christmas Parade. This will include the citing and impounding of vehicles parked on temporary restricted no-parking streets. Restricted parking will be in effect Nov. 28 through Nov. 30."
Full list of closures with days/times after the jump.
Street closures (via Hollywood Christmas Parade/City of LA)
SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2009
* 12:01 AM Saturday morning Hollywood Blvd. from Orange to Highland.
* Orange from Hollywood Blvd. South to the alley north of Hawthorne.
* Re-open Monday @ 6:00 AM.
SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2009
* Hollywood Blvd. from LaBrea to Orange @ 6:00 AM. Re-open @ 10:00 PM.
* Hawthorne Ave., DeLongpre Ave., Fountain Ave. from LaBrea to Highland Ave. @ 1:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00 PM.
* Lanewood Ave. from LaBrea to Orange @ 1:00 PM. Re-open @ 10:00 P.M.
* El Cerrito Place from Hollywood Blvd. to Franklin Ave. @ 1:00 PM. Re-open @ 8:00 PM.
* Sycamore, Orange from Franklin Ave. to Fountain @ 1:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00 PM.
* Sunset Blvd. from LaBrea Ave. to Highland Ave. @ 1:00 PM. Re-open @ 10:00 PM.
* East side of LaBrea from Hollywood Blvd. to Sunset Blvd. @ 4:00 PM. Re-open @ 7:00 PM.
* Highland Ave. from Franklin Ave. to Santa Monica @ 4:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00 PM.
* Hollywood Blvd. from Highland Ave. to Gower @ 4:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00 PM.
* Vine Street from Franklin Ave. to Santa Monica @ 4:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00 PM.
* Sunset Blvd. from Highland Ave. to Gower @ 4:00 PM. Re-open @ 9:00PM.
* Sunset Blvd. From Highland to La Brea @ 3:00 PM. Reopen @ 10:00 PM
FREEWAY CLOSURES: HOLLYWOOD FREEWAY, HWY 101 (Sunday Only)
* Northbound & Southbound off ramps of Cahuenga Blvd. and Highland Ave. will be closed @ 3:00 PM. Re-open @ 10:00 P.M.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.