Where to Get Illegal Freebies With Your 'I Voted' Sticker Today
That little "I Voted" sticker is more than just a way to flaunt your role in the democratic process, it also gets you some discounts and freebies around town.Of course, giving out rewards for voting--or not voting--is technically against the law, so for those of you who voted by mail, or like bargains more than the political process, don't fret. Let the counter person or server know that California Elections Code sections 18520-18524 are on your side, because they prevents any form of bribery for voting through free food, alcohol, or money. [Read the full text of the codes here]
- Colorado Wine Company: 10% off any bottles taken to go. [Twitter]
- The Grilled Cheese Truck: "Show ur sticker and get a free shot of soup, pickles or dipping sauce with your order today!" [Twitter]
- The Counter: Free single order of fries with your sticker. [Twitter]
- STREET: "Bring your ballot stub to Susan Feniger's Street on election day and you'll get a free appetizer with a minimum $10 purchase," says LA Times.
- Starbucks: Typically, Starbucks offers a free tall cup of coffee; some locations are saying no, based on internet scuttlebutt, so have cash as a backup!
- Krispy Kreme: Free red-white-and-blue donut, sticker or no sticker.
Participation may vary for chains/franchises. Know of any other Election Day perks? Let us know in the comments.