This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Who Let the Dogs Out?
- LAPD seeks felony charges against a 13-year-old alleged dogfight organizer caught in South LA on Monday. The injured pitbulls are expected to recover. The kid, however, may be another story. - LA Times.
- The transcripts are out on the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Gitmo hearing, and it's amazing how one man could have possibly been in charge of (not to mention remembered) some thirty planned and/or executed attacks. Now, the blogosphere is prepared for even more revelations as the redacted 'scripts come clean. Among the projected confessions: "KSM: 'I Fathered Anna Nicole's Baby." Electric Monkey Pants plays on the eerie and hairy resemblance of KSM to Ron Jeremy, rewriting the confession from Jeremy's p.o.v. Did he also confess to "plotting" Ishtar? Katrina? Offing Biggie AND Tupac? Ah, we kid you, KSM.
- Speaking of Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern (yes, she has a name, people), aspiring baby-daddy and Zsa Zsa Gabor hubby Prince Frederic von Anhalt filed a $10M defamation suit against Bill O'Reilly, who called him a fraud on the Factor - AP via CNN.
- Roger Keating, Time Warner's top exec in Southern California is out! Perhaps next time we call customer service we won't be on hold for 4 hours and then get disconnected? Please?!? - LA Times.
- Ze Frank, whose uber-popular vlogcast was given (by the creator) a shelf life of exactly one year, is in its final days. We hear he absolutely tore up SXSWi, and while we anxiously await details on his future plans, his archives will be hosted at Blip.tv - The Daily Reel.
photo by Rebekah via flickr.