Extra, Extra: Letters to Santa, 'Dragon Tattoo' Scandal, and a Tampon Makes a Comeback
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Charlie Sheen is going to take custody of his kids for a while as Brooke Mueller deals with charges of cocaine possession.
- Letters from kids addressed to Santa Claus have begun showing up at post offices.
- Johnson & Johnson has reintroduced o.b. tampons to the market, and is apologizing for the shortage with a song.
- Rosie O'Donnell and her girlfriend are engaged.
- Two San Diego schools were closed today after a mountain lion was spotted nearby.
- Armed robbers burglarized a Ruth's Chris steakhouse.
- A movie critic for The New Yorker is breaking an agreed-upon embargo on reviews of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," and is incurring the wrath of studio execs.