This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Hearses for Halloween, Student Loan Relief, and Jews in DTLA
- President Obama has announced a student loan relief plan (perhaps he's listening to the Occupiers, after all?).
- A man who shot and killed a store manager while robbing a Home Depot in 2007 has been sentenced to death.
- Here's what happened at the Occupy LA sukkah.
- Three men in West Hollywood were attacked on separate occasions this week, all left wondering if they were the victims of hate crimes.
- Watchdog groups report that California is becoming more lenient on immigration.
- Halloween is a special time for a man who collects hearses.
- A look at the lives of Persian Jews in DTLA.