This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
Extra, Extra: Butt Out, LA
- Smoking is down 41% in California since the state enacted the California Tobacco Control Program 20 years ago. Even youth smoking is at 14.6%, one of the lowest rates in the nation. What gives? Is it mom & dad setting better examples, the in-our-face anti-tobacco campaigns, or just the steady decline of public places to puff?
- The campaign for city attorney is getting a little ridiculous: "Los Angeles city attorney candidate Jack Weiss’ campaign placed its own flattering headline Tuesday over a Los Angeles Times story posted on the campaign website, making it appear that the paper had declared Weiss the winner of the debate."
- If you're sick and tired of work, you're almost right. You're sick and tired from work.
- There was some payback for real estater/super graphic abuser, Frank Rahban this weekend. Protesters who live near his super graphics around town brought one to his house and had a nice 'ol fashioned protest.
- Although they're cute and furry, think twice before buying a live bunny rabbit this Easter. Those little cutie-pie's often get turned over to shelter's by purchasers who don't think through what they're getting into.
- For those KCRW fans, Whole Foods Market stores in LA County and Orange County will donate 5% of net sales tomorrow to the radio station. It’s a good day to go shopping! Look for KCRW employees at the Santa Monica location interviewing people for their Facebook page.
- A tragic story out of South Los Angeles. This weekend a woman ran over an ex-boyfriend's girlfriend in her Land Rover, killing the 7 month old unborn child she was carrying. Charges are pending in the death of the unborn child and the woman is in stable condition.
- Contest Time! Win a Silver Level Membership for Tix to the Greek & Gibson Ampitheater. Head over here and tell us what concerts you'd pick.