This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win a Silver Level Membership for Tix to Greek & Gibson Ampitheatres
Photo by Rojer via Flickr
Two great music venues, The Greek Theatre and Gibson Ampitheatre, are paired up to offer concert-goers options to make seeing live shows an even greater experience. It's called Premiere Marquee Club, and they offer premiums to members who purchase tickets to multiple events from a selection of shows* between the two venues. Their annual concert subscription program, which was supposed to end today, was just extended 'til 10 p.m. Friday. Starting now LAist is giving away a Silver Level Membership! This means that our winner will be able to customize their own 3-show VIP concert package from the list of available shows*. Premiere Marquee Club members get benefits all summer long at both award-winning venues such as retail and restaurant discounts, a dedicated concession line, guaranteed seating at both venues for ALL shows, and much more!
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is to tell us what three shows you would choose (for example, we might choose Neko Case, Chelsea Handler and John Legend for our package).
- The contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 9th, 2009.
- One qualifying entry will be randomly selected to receive the Silver Level Membership. They will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. They must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 10:00:00 a.m., Friday, April 10th, 2009 or the Silver Membership will be issued to another winner.
* Shows unavailable for this promotion include: Teen Choice Awards, A Prairie Home Companion, Wavefest, and The Wiggles Live!
But Yeoh is the first to publicly identify as Asian. We take a look at Oberon's complicated path in Hollywood.
His latest solo exhibition is titled “Flutterluster,” showing at Los Angeles gallery Matter Studio. It features large works that incorporate what Huss describes as a “fluttering line” that he’s been playing with ever since he was a child — going on 50 years.
It's set to open by mid-to-late February.
The new Orange County Museum of Art opens its doors to the public on Oct. 8.
Comic-Con Is Live And In-Person Again And Yes, That Means Cosplayers Are Back. Why They're So ExcitedCosplayers will be holding court once again and taking photos with onlookers at the con.
Sacheen Littlefeather Talks About What Really Happened Before, During And After Rejecting Marlon Brando’s OscarLittlefeather recalls an “incensed” John Wayne having to be restrained from assaulting her and being threatened with arrest if she read the long speech Brando sent with her.