Extra, Extra: Bikes Are The Fastest Way Through Los Angeles
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Some downtown landlords are trying to get tenants to leave by making the building they live in "uninhabitable."
- For some reason, 70% of millennials would definetly date a mixologist. Definetly on fleek.
- KPCC held a race across L.A. this morning between a driver, a cyclist, and a transit user. The cyclist won.
- Someone with the world's best sense of humor nominated Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Price. Apparently the nominating letter cited "strength ideology" as a sound peace promoting foreign policy.
- Scientists figured out (kind of) the purple sea-sock creatures that have been puzzling them for decades.
- Sure, you can fly Southwest Airlines and be told to wear your seatbelt by a rapping flight-attendant. But think about how much better that trip would be if you were riding the rails and being serenaded by an Amtrak conductor with a golden voice?
- A photographer adorns Pit Bulls who are up for adoption in flower-crowns. The results are absolutely adorable.
- Meet the Serial fan who quit his job to investigate crimes himself.
- And now, here is a cat who thinks it's a human baby. We're sure the cat is doing this voluntarily...
I. AM. DYING. He was playing with the hanging toys and so we decided to put him in it and he just sat there. And loved it.
Posted by Cat Lovers Club on Sunday, January 31, 2016