Extra, Extra: Akbar Has a Birthday, The Palins Want Another TV Show, and The Kings are Leaderless
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The head of L.A. World Airports is stepping down for a job in Dallas.
- Silver Lake's Akbar celebrates its 15th anniversary.
- 826LA worked with middle-schoolers to write poetry.
- The LA Times Pressmen have approved a new contract.
- The Palins are trying to shop a new reality show about Todd, and it's falling somewhat flat.
- The Kings fired their coach.
- A disabled woman is suing the city of L.A., claiming that new housing in her neighborhood doesn't comply with requirements for tenants such as herself.