Extra, Extra: A Sixth Grader Is Preparing To Climb Mt. Everest, You Lazy Bums
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- An 11-year-old from Yorba Linda is preparing to climb Mt. Everest. Ever heard of it? Tyler Armstrong is basically the Michael Jordan of children mountain climbers; when he was 7 he became the youngest person to summit Mt. Whitney in a day. He's also made it to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Aconcagua in Argentina, and Russia's Mt. Elbrus. Look at yourself, you lazy slob: what did you even do today?
- The bassist from Rage Against the Machine believes the moon landing was faked, and confronted Buzz Aldrin IRL about it, too. He also doesn't "believe in" ISIS. Moving on...
- Hillary Clinton is going to be on the season premiere of 'SNL' tonight.
- This cougar chilled on a telephone pole after a busload of elementary school kids scared him away with their utter ferocity.
- French Buzzfeed compiled a bunch of glamour photos of Los Angeles. If you can parlez-vous Francais or whatever, I'm sure the copy is just as delightful!
- Remember those jerks who raced their million-dollar sports cars around Beverly Hills, and that other jerk who has been accused of multiple sexual assaults? The L.A. Times writes that wealthy Arabs like those guys are largely responsible for the booming Beverly Hills economy.
- Jennifer Lawrence haaaaaaaaaaaates Donald Trump.
If you're normal, you might find this video cute. But if your heart is made of ice like mine, isn't it just kind of frustrating?