Local community reporting is vital, so is your support.
Your donation, which powers our reporters and keep us independent, will be matched dollar for dollar today during our June Member drive.
- How nerdy and cool: there's now a wiki dedicated to Venice.
- In remembrance of urbanist John Chase.
- Dig Villains Tavern in the Arts District? Here's one mixology recipe for keeps.
- In Orange County: he said he didn't kill her, but he did admit to keeping her body in the freezer for over two years.
- A deep look into city salaries in West Hollywood, where no one apparently is paid under $50,000.
- Some murals have popped up in Mount Washington. Do you know who the artist is?
- A 22-year-old man known as the "Futbol Bandit" -- he wore a shirt with a soccer logo on it -- has been arrested in connection with two bank robberies in Ventura.
- Last Chance! We're giving away tickets to next week's concert of Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the Greek here.