This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win a Pair of Tickets to Rodrigo Y Gabriela's August 18th Concert at the Greek Theatre
Photo via Rodigo Y Gabriela's Facebook page
Guitar duo Rodrigo Y Gabriela are coming to Los Angeles and will be playing at the Greek Theatre next week Wednesday, August 18th. If you haven't heard these two, what needs to be known is that they've got skills (check out some samples on their MySpace page).
Guitar World this year wrote that "it's impossible to imagine that just two guitars can produce this level of musical density and complexity," and Paste declared, "Rodrigo y Gabriela offer today's best exposition of the pyrotechnic, fusion-oriented edge of Spanish style guitar playing."
In celebration of such musical awesomeness, we're giving away two pairs of tickets. To enter, write a comment sharing what your favorite instrument is in the comments section of this post and/or on Facebook ("like" us on Facebook if you haven't already and then comment on the post found via this link). Maybe you think the trombone is totally awesome, or maybe the bassoon makes you weak in the knees. Whatever it is, let it be known! Full details of the contest are below.
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post and/or LAist's Facebook page link. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below
- The criteria of the comment is that you share what your favorite instrument is.
- Only one entry allowed per person per website (meaning you can enter once on LAist.com and once via this Facebook link).
- The contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on Monday, August 16th, 2010.
- One qualifying comment on LAist and one on the Facebook link will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login or via their Facebook account, respectively. Winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 3:00:00 p.m., Tuesday, August June 17th, 2010 or the pair of tickets will go to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at the will-call pick up at the theatre
Good luck and enjoy the show!